Sunday, October 23, 2011

So welcome to the new blog!

Sadly, this one is not hosted on a French site, but...on a more positive note...this one is not hosted on a French site!

A couple of weekends ago, we took a trip to a miniature store that just happens to be fairly near to where I work (dangerous!) and got a rough idea of what things look like in person. C agreed that the items they had that were smaller than the 1:24 scale looked kind of molded and undetailed. I was, however, very good and spent no money...mostly, I think, because C took my wallet before we entered :D

So far, besides research, my accomplishments include revamping this blog, and getting the plans for the main hall sketched out on my Handy Dandy Notebook (tm). C and I were discussing the platform on which the house will rest. Originally I was planning on simply putting each wing on a folding table but in order to accomodate the electronics and the possibility of a slide-out wine cellar/ torture dungeon I think I'm going to entertain the idea of building a custom enclosed base that will break down and be able to be shipped along with the house itself.

My ambitiousness knows no bounds. We'll just have to see if my talents and motivations keep up.

Also, for my blog on general life rather than just the dollhouse build, please feel free to follow the link. I take no responsibility for anything. That's just how I roll.

http://threadhang.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. *cough*...and C suggested the platform with pull-out drawer...*cough*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she did :) Because she's an uber-awesome genius...it goes without saying, darling :)

    ReplyDelete